Saturday, September 18, 2010

8 Quick Rules All District Managers Need to Remember

I decided to send my district manager an email of pharmacy rules. They are as follows:

Rule #1: If I am not the store manager, do NOT call me on my days off. I earned them by working on my days ON.

Rule #2: When you pay me real overtime, then I may not mind working 60 hours a week. An extra $3 an hour isn't gonna make much difference in my pay check, it just increases my taxes.

Rule #3: I can actually affect how much your bonus is, so treat all of us pharmacists better. Or else there may be an "accidental" order for some high end medications just to throw off you days supply and inventory demographics

Rule #4: If you won't fill in for me or my technicians, do NOT tell me that I am NOT understaffed.

Rule #5: Don't tell me to improve my numbers when all pharmacists should focus on patient care FIRST and foremost.

Rule #6: I stand all day and take heat from patients, physicians, technicians, random others and you. When complaint calls make there way to you get my side first before doling out a gift card. This will only infuriate me more and reinforce the patient's entitlement complex.

Rule #7: All pharmacists have some anger inside (see Theangrypharmacist.com). Remember this when you think how we might react to something!

Rule #8: I have mastered the skills and many uses for the spatula. Again, remember this!

That is all.

For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment