Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Retail Pharmacist's Creed

So I was watching a war movie after work and thought how relevant The Rifleman's Creed is similar to what pharmacists do. Maybe I am trying to make pharmacy too cool. Maybe I way to into war movies. Maybe I will make all the future pharmacists I train learn the lines below and put it up in my pharmacy framed.


"This is my computer. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My computer is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My computer, without me, is useless. Without my computer, I am useless. I must use my computer true. I must check faster than my patients who are trying to kill me. I must check them before they bury me. I will...

"My computer and myself know that what counts in this volume is not the volume we check, the noise of our printer, nor the smoke coming from it. We know that it is the accuracy that count. We will be accurate...

"My computer is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its keyboard and its mouse. I will ever guard it against the ravages of viruses and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my feet, my eyes and my wrists against damage. I will keep my computer clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

"Before God, I swear this creed. My computer and myself are the defenders of my patients. We are the masters of our pharmacy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until closing time and there are no prescriptions left, but peace!"


See, it works...

4 comments:

  1. Nice Creed. I envision this being posted right on the computer terminal at work, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Thanks, this is what I think of when perparing myself to tell an abuser that I am keeping their script and to get the out the pharmacy. You know like a little self inspirational speech. LOL! Honestly though I am cool with most the patients, just not the abusers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! ^^ A masterpiece. I will post it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Studying this information So i am glad to show that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I such a lot unquestionably will make sure to do not disregard this website and give it a look regularly. buy plaquenil online

    ReplyDelete